My submission volume is way, way down. I've gone from writing 20-30 stories in a year to writing, well, fewer than that. Although this year I'm already up to ten, so who knows?
1400 is the close of a decent century. I sold a story to Lightspeed, "Here Is My Thinking On A Matter That Concerns Us All" is going to be in their November issue. And I sold a story to Nature: not sure when "Corridors" is going to appear, but I think it'll be before the end of the year.
As always, previous rejection milestones are listed below:
- 300 – August 8, 2008 (401 days to next milestone)
- 400 – September 13, 2009 (282 days to next milestone)
- 500 – June 22, 2010 (268 days to next milestone)
- 600 – March 17, 2011 (208 days to next milestone)
- 700 – October 11, 2011 (185 days to next milestone)
- 800 – April 17, 2012 (197 days to next milestone)
- 900 – October 31, 2012 (173 days to next milestone)
- 1000 – April 25th, 2013 (198 days to next milestone)
- 1100 – November 10th, 2013 (111 days to next milestone)
- 1200 - March 1st, 2014 (268 days to the next milestone)
- 1300 - November 25th, 2014 (264 days to current milestone)
That's nice. This blog has been around for so long! And I'e been submitting stories for sooooooo long. I'm sure nobody will do this other than me, but it's interesting to go back through the milestone posts and see the change in mood over time. There are some pretty major variations in my level of optimism re: my writing prospects. Nowadays that anxiety has simmered down a little bit, especially with regards to my short fiction. I've certainly had better years, in terms of selling stories, than this one. But it also hasn't been terrible. I feel like nowadays I'm in it for the long haul.